August 07, 2003

The reality of globalization

“They tell you it’s the Oil but I know it is not the Oil, I just can’t figure out what the hell it is we are here for.” said an American soldier to blogger journalist Salam in his August 5th entry. I just wish everyone else was asking that question too. I've been really active lately in a discussion about environmentalism over at SKR's site about the US' decision not to sign off on the Kyoto articles a while back and taking a break from bitching about the war, but it's not hard to understand how some people don't have that luxury.

I think the problem is that there are a lot of things wrong with the world and people with the means to do something about it usually don't want to because solving some of these things isn't conducive to staying in power.
I don't know if it's possible to fix that, because it simply may just be a fact of biology that we've an urge to kill each other just as strong as the one that makes us pants lusters. We're a bit broken possibly, sort of doomed by evolution to be madmen saints.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home