July 29, 2004

Poetry: Sweet As You Are

Why do I do what I do when I tell you
I love you with that gleam in my eyes
You're wild and no good and not a bit misunderstood
And it's not as if I never realized

The cowboys in the bar have a laugh at my back
When I hold the door for your untamed cheating heart
Some guy called last night and asked for you by name
And still I love you as much as I did from the start

You lie and you drink
Swear in church at my mom
You flirted in front of me
With my sleazy Uncle John
Disappear for days
And tell me you 'needed your space'
Come to my bed with his smile still in your arms

Some friends think I'm crazy for staying with you
Some friends think there must be something in it for me
But in the end I just love you, as sweet as you are
Because you're everything I imagine you to be

Why do I do what I do when I tell you
I love you with that gleam in my eyes
You're wild and no good, but you're mine half the time
And that's what they don't realize

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home