October 22, 2003

The week of Halloween

Just a reminder, next week starting from Friday I won't be around. I'm going to try to find some time to update, but I won't be home so I will basically be at the mercies of Phoenix's schedule. That's right, I'm going to go spend a week at Trina and Josh's while they're out of town in LA for something. That's a little creepy really, no lie. Not that they're going to be in LA, but that I'll be a week in their house. I'm sure Phoenix will make it better for me though, even if I don't get any sleep for a week because of weird noises from the varmits in their attic. Anyways, I'm going to try to figure some time in to update the site (who knows, I might even do it more than usual) but I can't promise anything. I'm not comfortable sometimes using other people's personal computers. God knows I'm incredibly not cool with anyone but me and Phoenix getting on mine. The best news of all about this is that I get to be with Phoenix on my birthday, when I'm still planning on ditching class for my once I allow myself each semester. I guess its a better reason than "Stayed up too late drinking cheap rum".

Phoenix and I need this bonding time I think. Thanks to my houseguests I've not been spending as much one on one time as I might have wanted to for several months. I'm not sure if she's cared or noticed, but I think it's important. I know I'm not getting to be a real parent for her, just the part-time stand in that I'd always feared I'd be and loathed - but still the only thing that really keeps me going is the thought that someday she might need my rather unique perspective to help her make an important decision and I don't want anything to screw up the trust in me that she'll need to call me out. Oh well, stupid fathers and their weird-ass plans I guess.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home